We are looking to hire a full-time Full Stack WordPress Developer to play a critical role on our marketing team by creating a great consumer experience. This developer position has a typical schedule of Monday-Friday, 7:30am-4:30pm but we do offer flexible schedules. Do you have a “never give up” attitude? Are you the type of person that loves working in a creative and innovative environment? If so, read on about this marketing position!
We offer our Web Developers a competitive salary of $55,000-$65,000/year and excellent benefits. Our benefits include health, life, long-term care, cancer, disability, dental, and vision insurance as well as a 401(k) plan with company match, paid time off (PTO), holiday pay, and more. If you are a programming professional who is ready to do what you love in a place where you are supported and appreciated, apply today!
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A WORDPRESS DEVELOPER
As a Full Stack WordPress Developer, you have a deep understanding of the entire WordPress ecosystem. We depend on you to handle our website development, server maintenance and testing automation. You develop solutions that adhere to industry-standard methodologies in areas such as performance, usability, and scalability while also ensuring the codebase is clean and well-documented.
You participate in the journey development of user experience (UX) and customer experience (CX). Working collaboratively with designers, you align visual design intent to development. Based on user experience feedback, you rapidly prototype and refine applications. You strive to ensure that deliverables are always of the highest quality. Whether you’re using your creative energy to work with a team or using your web-slinging, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills to save the day, you are always engaged and love what you do!
- Development experience with PHP 7+ and MySQL
- Experience with mobile-first and cross-browser development
- Experience building PHP WordPress Plugins
- An understanding or experience with an Agile/Scrum development process
- Develop WordPress widgets in PHP to add additional site functionality
- Plan site development to improve Google Page Speed Index
- Owns creation and upkeep of all test and production environments
- Acts in responsible manner to control costs while deploying solutions, using best practices for resource management
- Adheres to and ensures best practices are followed for all servers and service level components
- Manages all disaster recovery and backup procedures for dev environments and content areas
- Ability to create and work with various forms of automated testing
- Degree in computer science, information systems, or related field OR an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Experience at managing WordPress databases with phpMyAdmin
- Proficiency with Adobe Suite (Dreamweaver, Photoshop, InDesign, & Illustrator)
- Experience using Git-based version control
- Experience working on accessibility
- Working knowledge of libraries/modules/plugins is essential
- Experience with Amazon Web Services is a plus
Are you a self-starter who is resourceful and creative? Do you have strong communication skills? Are you a collaborative team player? Do you have great attention to detail and excellent organizational skills? Are you willing to quickly learn and adopt new technologies as required by each project? If so, you may be the programming professional we’re looking for!
ARE YOU READY TO JOIN OUR MARKETING TEAM?
If you feel that you are the right fit for this programming position, fill out our initial 3-minute, mobile-friendly application today!